Rome Federal Credit Union, your member – owned financial institution, is committed to providing you financial products and services to meet your needs and reach your financial goals. We are equally committed to protecting our members’ privacy. Under federal law we are required to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal financial information. If you have any questions, please contact a member service representative at (315) 339-1658.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms:
- Information about your transactions with us or others;
- Information that we receive from a consumer reporting agency;
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms. This may be obtained from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
- We may collect information regarding your mobile device such as device settings, unique device identifiers, information about your location, and analytical information that may assist with diagnostics and performance. For your convenience, you may be asked to grant permission for access to your mobile device’s geolocation data. This information may be collected when you use certain services that are dependent on your mobile device’s location (such as the location of an ATM or in store transactions).
PARTIES WHO RECEIVE INFORMATION FROM US
- Financial service providers, such as insurance companies.
- Non-financial service companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, and check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers, plastic card processors, direct marketers and government agencies.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO PARTIES THAT PROVIDE SERVICES TO US
In order for us to conduct the business of the Credit union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to non-affiliated third parties that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements so that we may provide members competitive products and services. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about our members under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on our members’ behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union and follow our members’ instructions as they authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide to other third parties. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about our members to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to our members. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard our members’ nonpublic personal information.
WHAT MEMBERS CAN DO TO HELP
To help us keep our members nonpublic information confidential we ask that all of our members use caution when disclosing their account information to other persons.
Rome Federal Credit Union
937 Seneca St., Rome, NY 13440